Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Interaction after Job posting

Highlighted
Rustin R Member Since: Jan 19, 2017
1 of 4

Hi All!

I've only been on Upwork for two months now, and I've just *finally* gotten a job success score- but I'm becoming a little bit frustrated. 

I find that over the last two weeks, at least 90% of my connects are wasted because I apply for a job but then when I go back to check, the client who posted the job hasn't come back to check/ or hasn't progressed to hiring or interviewing a freelancer for that matter. I find it hard to then believe that out of 50+ proposals no one is worthy of a hire/interview.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is it just a numbers game?

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Two weeks isn't long enough to assume you'll get no response, especially for larger projects.

Rustin R Member Since: Jan 19, 2017
3 of 4

Thanks! Yeah As I said I'm pretty new to this platform, so I'm still finding how it works and how it may work effectively for me.  Thanks for the feedback

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 4

I seldom check on a job post that I submitted to.  That way, it's a lovely surprise when they get back to me.  

Clients post on multiple platforms, hire locally, or find someone within their organization to do the job.  Or decide for whatever reason that they don't need the job done.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS