🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client Profiles & Reviews
Page options
kirstenjohnson85
Community Member

Client Profiles & Reviews

Hi,

A client contacted me direct with a job offer. I can see their stats but where it gives a star rating and the number of reviews they have, I can't actually view the reviews.

I also can't find an area where you can search client's profiles - is this not possible?

Thanks,

Kirsten
6 REPLIES 6
wescowley
Community Member

You cannot view a client's profile. 

Their review should be at the bottom of the job post in a section that says "Client's recent history".

It wasn't a job post. They messaged me direct with an offer. This is all I can see, with no option to click on the reviews.

Ah, then no. On a direct job offer, there's no way to see the reviews, which is unfortunate given that rating. There's no way to know if that was caused by a one-off bad review or a pattern. It's not necessarily a showstopper, but be careful.

I just looked at your profile and saw that this will be your first job? Let me change that "be careful" to "be VERY careful".  It would be somewhat unusual for a brand new freelancer on here to get a legitimate out-of-the-blue offer. Newbies are scam magnets. It might be fine, you've got a good looking portfolio and other work history on there. But, if it feels funny, trust your instincts and walk away.

Yes, it is a shame as you say. I hope UpWork could address this as it is quite unhelpful! Thank you for your, very helpful, response.
steve-d
Community Member

I came here to ask the same question. I was approached with an offer this morning from a client and would really like to read their individual reviews before proceeding. 

On the "offer" screen I can see their overall star rating, but I can't see the individual reviews that made up this rating, or the reviews they've left for other freelancers. There's no "recent history" section as there typically is for posted jobs. 

Seems like a pretty major omission, unless I'm missing something?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths