🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client Refused after getting what He/She ...
Page options
hafizshoaibali
Community Member

Client Refused after getting what He/She were required

I have a created a Dynami Calender and other stuff in MS Excel to meet the clinet requirements which took my whole day i have sent sheet now he/she refused to hire me. Nowhe/she is asking more things to add i accepted and will add, but she still refused me.

What is going on if they dont want to continue with someone then they should not ask them to create something for them.

Our time is also important i have spent whole day for the client. Client should think over it.

I need an answer by Upwork team,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "You mean to say that first i would have to hired by client then should start client project."

Correct.

You must be hired first.

You need to see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

Shoaib:

You are doing this wrong.

You do not need an answer from the Upwork team. This has nothing to do with Upwork.

You said that you worked for free.

You said that there is no contract.

A client can not pay you if you have not been hired.

You are not supposed to work if you have not been hired.

Please don't do this.

Freelancers who do this sort of thing are the problem.

You should click the "Flag as inappropriate" link button in the top right hand corner of the job posting page. Report the client for asking for free work.

Then click on client name in the Messages tool and block the client.

Sir I am totaly new to this platform client should not ask someone to create this for free (there should not be free option beacuse we had paid to get to appear in job), i was supposed that after completion of client job i will have my amount. If the client have other option then why my entire day client took.

I exactly made what client was looking for client further added two and more changes are required but you did not i was willing to do even in less amount.

Client did not share deadline even i asked.

Client asked for charges i shared and asked her i would do this project on a price that you are willing to pay because it is my first project.

I am asking that i spent time. That is obviously important for me.

You mean to say that first i would have to hired by client then should start client project.

and there is no option to"Flag as inappropriate". 

re: "You mean to say that first i would have to hired by client then should start client project."

Correct.

You must be hired first.

You need to see the contract listed here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

re: "I am totally new to this platform"

There is nothing wrong with being new. You made mistakes. You learned from your mistakes. You will do better next time.

But i want to let you know that as per client last message which he sent me yesterday night that he will send me further information tomorrow and now he comes and refused to take my services when i have completed his job and sent him file.
Thing is he should share the further information rather than refused me.
Someone can please investigate it.

Shoaib A wrote:
But i want to let you know that as per client last message which he sent me yesterday night that he will send me further information tomorrow a

You can flag the job post as inappropriate. Choose the reason "Other" and add "Client is asking for free work" in the text field.

Simply tell the client you will do the further work as soon as you are hired and paid for what you have done so far.

In future, don't work before you are hired. Simple.

Tell the client you will 

Where is the option i am looking for it but i am unable to see any option like this.

Shoaib A wrote:
Where is the option i am looking for it but i am unable to see any option like this.

On the original job post is a "flag as inappropriate" link.

flag.png

See thier is no option for Flag.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shoaib,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. It's important to note that you should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page. Feel free to check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. 

Please note that the option to flag the job post will not show on closed public jobs. However, I will share all the information with the appropriate team for investigation. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much for investigating it.

re: "there is no option for flagging the job"

A Forum moderator has confirmed that the job is no longer available for anybody to apply to, so it no longer has a "Flag" option. But Upwork is looking into it.

It is very important that you understand that YOU are done with this.

You have no further obligation to Upwork or anybody else with regards to this "job" or "client."

Please block that peson and do not respond to them in any way. Please do not do any more work or send them any more files.

If you have questions about how to use Upwork correctly, please feel free to post your questons in the Forum, even in this very thread.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths