🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client Requests PDF Sent via "Upwork Chat"
Page options
ohaver_tim
Community Member

Client Requests PDF Sent via "Upwork Chat"

Greetings from day two of my Upwork experience. I created an account to apply for a specific posting. As part of the application, I am supposed to include a writing sample according to these insturctions:

...please send the Word document or PDF to us via Upwork chat. Please do NOT paste your work directly into the Upwork form.

So I sent the other required materials with my proposal, and headed to Upwork Messages to send the writing sample. Looking at what I have there, it isn't obvious to me how I send a message with an attachment. It appears I have zero contacts to message.

If you know what I should do, I would be interested to know and grateful for the assistance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tim O wrote:

Greetings from day two of my Upwork experience. I created an account to apply for a specific posting. As part of the application, I am supposed to include a writing sample according to these insturctions:

...please send the Word document or PDF to us via Upwork chat. Please do NOT paste your work directly into the Upwork form.

So I sent the other required materials with my proposal, and headed to Upwork Messages to send the writing sample. Looking at what I have there, it isn't obvious to me how I send a message with an attachment. It appears I have zero contacts to message.

If you know what I should do, I would be interested to know and grateful for the assistance. 

Sending a proposal does not create a chat room in upwork messenger, so the client gave you instructions that were impossible to follow. A room is created once the client replies to your proposal, but you can't contact him. The only way for contact from your side would be withdrawing the proposal and send a new one, but that would cost you more connects.

In conclusion, forget about it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Tim,

I checked your account, but I was unable to find any active contracts. Could you please share with me more information so I can check? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tim O wrote:

Sending a proposal does not create a chat room in upwork messenger, so the client gave you instructions that were impossible to follow. A room is created once the client replies to your proposal, but you can't contact him. The only way for contact from your side would be withdrawing the proposal and send a new one, but that would cost you more connects.

In conclusion, forget about it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths