🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client Vanished After Giving An Hourly Contra...
Page options
ridwansiddiquee
Community Member

Client Vanished After Giving An Hourly Contract

Hi there,

I'm new at Upwork and I need a little guidance on the issue below -

I got an hourly contract from a client (15hrs a week). The job is to set up a social media strategy and select 100 social media content for his business.  He told me to provide him with 20 contents (as samples) first so that he can review and keep the contract going. After accepting the offer I've worked 3hrs already (added them manually). Then I've submitted the samples. I've been messaging him to get the contents reviewed so that I can complete the rest of the job. But he's not online since then.

What can I do now?

- Should I wait for him to be online and to review the samples or should I complete the rest of the job?

Thanks,

Ridwan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the client completely vanishes, you automatically get paid for all of the time that you logged.

I always advise freelancers to complete all of the work they were assigned to do, but to not do anything beyond that.

If a client isn't communicating with you but you haven't finished the assignment yet, then go ahead and complete the work if you want to, if you trust that the client is not going to show up and dispute your manual time.

If I was specifically told to do 20 and then wait for his review, that is what I would do. Does not hurt me to wait.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

MD Ridwan Siddique W wrote:

What can I do now?

- Should I wait for him to be online and to review the samples or should I complete the rest of the job?

You had clear intructions to do 20 whatever and then wait for a review.

So you wait for the review.

You understand that there i no protection for manual time, right?

Yes, I understand that there is no protection. But I had to use it as there were no options.

I'm waiting for him. Let's see.

If the client completely vanishes, you automatically get paid for all of the time that you logged.

I always advise freelancers to complete all of the work they were assigned to do, but to not do anything beyond that.

If a client isn't communicating with you but you haven't finished the assignment yet, then go ahead and complete the work if you want to, if you trust that the client is not going to show up and dispute your manual time.

If I was specifically told to do 20 and then wait for his review, that is what I would do. Does not hurt me to wait.

Thanks so much. It's not  hurting me to wait either,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths