🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client - Worker Interaction
Page options
cf38e81d
Community Member

Client - Worker Interaction

Hi. I am a first timer on Upwork and I have a question about client - worker interaction. What is the first point of contact when a client is interested in your proposal and wants to schedule an interview?

I have had clients send mail directly to my personal email via Upwork and there is no record of such interaction on Upwork message platform. My understanding is that a client will first reach out to you on Upwork and subsequently take the interaction off the Upwork platform if needed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chinazo A wrote:

Hi. I am a first timer on Upwork and I have a question about client - worker interaction. What is the first point of contact when a client is interested in your proposal and wants to schedule an interview?

I have had clients send mail directly to my personal email via Upwork and there is no record of such interaction on Upwork message platform. My understanding is that a client will first reach out to you on Upwork and subsequently take the interaction off the Upwork platform if needed.

Not any more after the 26th, no communication can take place outside of upwork before hire. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Chinazo A wrote:

Yep. A chat room (basically) is created when the client replies and you can chat in it with the client. And then if they hire you, you get another room IIRC and an email that says you got an offer.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Chinazo A wrote:

Not any more after the 26th, no communication can take place outside of upwork before hire. 

Great! Thanks. I was a little confused about that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths