🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client accounts.
Page options
sehar-arif-malik
Community Member

Client accounts.

Hi,

Should I get help from an Upwork customer support team member, because I think one of my client have multiple client accounts(Not two parts of one account,one client and one client company account).

Two totally different client accounts. I think its against upwork TOS.

Because I am a freelancer , So I don't know the whole story and details of terms of violation about the client side of account. I have a client part of account but I opened it recently and used the same freelancer account to open the client part. But I am not aware of full details of client side. So I am confused about my client.

If someone from Customer support checks my client's details and take action against him If he is violating the TOS, would be a big relief for me.Also need reply from community members.Because I think he has two different client accounts, the one he used to send the invitation to me, and the second one is the account which he used to hire me.And he said he has 2 account, because he is dealing with a number of business and companies,I thought he has company client part of account(one client account with two different parts),So, after checking the details about the company client account option I thought it is legal. But its been a week and he posted jobs but didn't hired any one using the other part of account which he used to send me invitation. If it is an additional account(company client part of account) then why he do not have a payment method verified yet and he was online on both sides at a time. How can I client who has two parts of an account be online  at the same time for many hours on both two accounts if both are two different parts of one client account,

I don't know how it is possible.

Thanks in Advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sehar:

Clients may have more than one account.

Don't worry about this.

There are many legitimate reasons why a client may have multiple accounts. They may operate from a corporate contract to hire freelancers that work for their company. In addition, they may have a personal account through which they hire freelancers to work on personal projects.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bukyyy
Community Member

Why does it concern you? Upwork needs clients and what if he actually has different facets of his business? **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Bukola O wrote:

Why does it concern you? Upwork needs clients and what if he actually has different facets of his business? Please drink a glass of water and mind your business!

It means,"If a client is fradualent and violating terms of services,So we should not care about it. So we just mind our own businesses?

Right?

Sehar:

Don't worry about this.

There are many legitimate reasons why a client may have multiple accounts. They may operate from a corporate contract to hire freelancers that work for their company. In addition, they may have a personal account through which they hire freelancers to work on personal projects.

Thanks.

Preston H wrote:

Sehar:

Don't worry about this.

Thanks Sir,

I highly appreciate your help. Now I am not concerned about client's multiple A/c.I was not against the multiple client accounts. I just against the UPwork TOS Violation. So, I always prefer to post and ask a question if I am concerned about anything.Because I don't want to violate TOS.

Thanks again.

Your good answers and polite mode of explanation show that why you are a community Guru.

Sehar A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Sehar:

Don't worry about this.

Thanks Sir,

I highly appreciate your help. Now I am not concerned about client's multiple A/c.I was not against the multiple client accounts. I just against the UPwork TOS Violation. So, I always prefer to post and ask a question if I am concerned about anything.Because I don't want to violate TOS.

Thanks again.

Your good answers and polite mode of explanation show that why you are a community Guru.

It is better to ask and be sure then to accidentally get involved in violating TOS so I believe you did the right thing.

Why don't you ask the client? Or read the TOS. Not everything requires reporting!  

4ceabbfd
Community Member

Please can a freelancer hold two separate accounts too?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths