🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client and Freelancer Feedback
Page options
placebofx
Community Member

Client and Freelancer Feedback

Hi, all us nice folks,

I searched for my topic but didn't find the exact answer to my questions. Does anyone have any input/experience?

I'm new but have gotten a few jobs. This most recent one was a fixed price job. I turned the work in and the client ended the contract on Feb. 28. I left public feedback soon thereafter, both star rating and comment. Now it's March 1st.

1) I see on my profile 4.8-star feedback from the client but no comment. I figure he just didn't want to leave a public comment since it was only 4.8; but I want to know if there's a delay where the comment doesn't appear for some particular period of time after the stars appear.

2) I see on client job posting (which is still up) that while he has public ratings for Jobs in Progress, my job that is finished has not appeared. I want to know if and when I'm going to see it, or if the client has somehow blocked our job feedback from view, or again, if it's a timing issue.

This is, I realize, a very boring question, but when you're a newbie, you're a newbie.

Thanks,

Annie T.

1 REPLY 1
yitwail
Community Member

No rule that says questions can't be boring (or answers for that matter). 

1) Clients don't have to make any verbal comment when leaving feedback. For that matter, I don't think freelancers have to, either, but I'm not sure about that since I always do leave a short comment.

2) It's not clear if you're talking about a job you did, but one reason for feedback not appearing is either the client or freelancer hasn't left feedback, and it's less than 14 days after the contract was closed. This to keep feedback double blind, so neither party's feedback will be influenced by first reading the other party's feedback. To my knowledge, clients cannot suppress feedback from freelancers.

Learning Paths