🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: When do clients invite a freelancer?
Page options
48bf3786
Community Member

Client approaching a freelancer.

Hi! I'm a freelancer in Upwork from some time now and I want to ask how much rating do I need to have to make clients approach me and invite me to work on a project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "does outside the Upwork platform counts or just the experience inside Upwork alone?"

I don't think ouside-platform experience hurts.

But I was referring to experience ON THE UPWORK platform.

How long was it for ME personally before I started receiving lots of invites?

About one year.

But: The work I do is in high demand and relatively few people are specialized in the way that I am. So I can not DIRECTLY compare my experience to that of everybody else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Frankly, I didn't get decent invitations for a couple of years. Invitations are nice but they're more like a nice surprise.than a regular thing.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I'm a freelancer in Upwork from some time now and I want to ask how much rating do I need to have to make clients approach me and invite me to work on a project?"

It is not the RATING that leads to invites.

Time and experience lead to invites.

Invites ARE real.

Many of us work exclusively through invites.

At THIS stage in my time on Upwork, I need to set my availability to NOT AVAILABLE nearly all the time. If I do not do that, I receive invites nearly every day - to good, quality jobs that fit my interests and skills. But i can't possibly do all the work I get invited for. So I prefer to say I'm not available.

But that didn't happen overnight.

Of course I didn't get any invites when I first started out.

Thank you for responding . When you said "Time and experience lead to invites.", does outside the Upwork platform counts or just the experience inside Upwork alone?

It's my ambitious goal to get invites by clients everyday because I find it difficult to find jobs constantly everytime I end contracts.

If it did took time. Did it reach years before clients invite you?  Thank you very much again.

re: "does outside the Upwork platform counts or just the experience inside Upwork alone?"

I don't think ouside-platform experience hurts.

But I was referring to experience ON THE UPWORK platform.

How long was it for ME personally before I started receiving lots of invites?

About one year.

But: The work I do is in high demand and relatively few people are specialized in the way that I am. So I can not DIRECTLY compare my experience to that of everybody else.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths