🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client asked me to email him my resume
Page options
lindsayva
Community Member

Client asked me to email him my resume

Hello,

I'm brand new to Upwork and a client I sent a proposal to said I have to send my resume to his email (personal email, not via Upwork) in order to get an interview. Is this him trying to take things off Upwork? I can understand wanting a full resume, but couldn't I send him one via Upwork? It's a new account and not payment verified, so I'm wary of sending him any personal info. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

I agree with what Antun said, it can't hurt to send it, though if your resume contains any identifying information in addition to your name (like address, email, phone number), you may want to strip that out first.

It is possible this will go down the road of taking the payment off Upwork, in which case you should report the job (link on the job posting) and walk away.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Lindsay P wrote:
Hello,

I'm brand new to Upwork and a client I sent a proposal to said I have to send my resume to his email (personal email, not via Upwork) in order to get an interview. Is this him trying to take things off Upwork? I can understand wanting a full resume, but couldn't I send him one via Upwork? It's a new account and not payment verified, so I'm wary of sending him any personal info. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, do that ("...but couldn't I send him one via Upwork?...").

Don't count on that job, it is most likely someone trying to work off platform.

Send your resume, won't hurt you.

Ok, that's what I figured. I'll send my resume, sans personal info. Thanks!

Don't send any contact information in the CV. And If the client tries to take you off Upwork then don't do that. Thanks

wescowley
Community Member

I agree with what Antun said, it can't hurt to send it, though if your resume contains any identifying information in addition to your name (like address, email, phone number), you may want to strip that out first.

It is possible this will go down the road of taking the payment off Upwork, in which case you should report the job (link on the job posting) and walk away.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths