🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client asking Portfolio Link
Page options
jelizvideos
Community Member

Client asking Portfolio Link

Hi. I apologize if this question has already been asked before, but I'm fairly new to Upwork and still learning. So I noticed that a lot of clients ask to attach and/or include portfolio in the application, but I'm confused how. As far as I understand it is not allowed to include external links. Also, I already have my portfolio on my Upwork profile, so shouldn't the client be able to see it automatically? Or are there extra steps I need to take in order for the client to see my portfolio in the Cover Letter? Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juli,

We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. Note: We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juli,

We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. Note: We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths