🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client asking for concepts but payment not ve...
Page options
finchcreatives
Community Member

Client asking for concepts but payment not verified nor I am Hired yet

I'm new on Upwork and recently I sent out a proposal for logo design and I got a message. The client asked me to give 3 initial concepts to which I agreed but I haven't sent any concepts yet because I am not hired by the client. Now I would like to know if I should send him any designs or should I ask him to hire me first? 

To mention, the client does not have his payment method verified. The client is authentic as he has his profile picture uploaded. 

Kindly advise on what step should I take next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Waseem,

You may want to communicate with your potential client and ask them to hire you on an official contract before you start working on the project.

Clients can post jobs, interview and hire before completing their payment method verification, however, in order for you to have access to Upwork Payment Protection, their payment method needs to be verified. Please, check out this help article for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Waseem,

You may want to communicate with your potential client and ask them to hire you on an official contract before you start working on the project.

Clients can post jobs, interview and hire before completing their payment method verification, however, in order for you to have access to Upwork Payment Protection, their payment method needs to be verified. Please, check out this help article for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths