🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client asking me to make 5 accounts in Upwork
Page options
e35daf15
Community Member

Client asking me to make 5 accounts in Upwork

Hi I have received an email from a client asking me to create 5 accounts in Upwork. Based on my knowledge, I can only have maximum of one account right? 

I believe this is illegal and should be flagged

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

You already know the answer to your question.

You already know that a freelancer may only have one Upwork login account.

You already know that this "client" is a scammer.

sofia2008
Community Member

Where did he get your email from?

You are not allowed to communicate outside of Upwork before being hired on Upwork.

You're absolutely correct Sophie and i always have this in mind whenever i received an offer & the client tells me to go off upwork to sign a contract deal.

petra_r
Community Member

How did that "client" have your email address?

renata101
Community Member

Krisha C wrote:

Hi I have received an email from a client asking me to create 5 accounts in Upwork. Based on my knowledge, I can only have maximum of one account right? 

I believe this is illegal and should be flagged

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Krishna,

That's an excellent example of a job you should report. Thanks for flagging it and posting it here!

Another great idea is to never accept jobs that ask you to use your facebook or any other personal account to post things. Things like houses for sale.

You can read more about bad jobs here:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

9566a2a7
Community Member

You absolutely did a good job by flagging such a task, can you imagine.

822c5bb0
Community Member

If someone asked to message on telegram? What should I do?

Hi Bisma,

We provide secure tools for clients and freelancers to communicate directly from the Upwork platform. That said, we highly implement that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. Once a freelancer accepts a client’s offer, you can choose to share your contact information and use other tools to manage your project, too.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths