🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client became offline after offering inco...
Page options
ddec5ff5
Community Member

Client became offline after offering incorrect payment method

Hello i m new to upwork.Three days ago i bid an client interviewd me .On the discussion 200 $ were decided.I was new so i had no idea of contract .Later on i sent him message for a contract .He sent me the offer but with 8$/hr which is incorrect method .I asked him to change the method but the client went offline.After that the client is still offline.I m in  a tension that what to  do.The offer will expire at 20,Dec.

3 REPLIES 3
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hello Muhammed, The client may have misunderstood, I believe that he thought that 200$ is the approximate maximum price that you'd charge in an hourly contract.

Anyways if you don't agree to these terms; to work on an hourly contract [8$/hr], and you want to use a Fixed price contract instead, simply DON'T accept the current offer and wait for him to respond.

I hope this helps. Best wishes,

Youssef

prestonhunter
Community Member

You have no obligations to this client.

If you told the client what the conditions were, and he ignored them, and then you send a single message to explain what to do to fix that, then you're done.

Muhammad J:
I can assure you that if I wanted to hire you, I would set up the contract properly. I would be in communication with you to follow up. I would make sure that you had accepted the contract and started logging time (if this is an hourly contract).

This client does NOT want to hire you. He is not expecting anything from you. There is no contract in place. The ball is in the client's court. Don't send the client any messages at this point. If the client contacts you, then you can tell the client EXACTLY what to do, and he WILL do it right. Or he gets nothing from you.

lysis10
Community Member

Muhammad J wrote:

Hello i m new to upwork.Three days ago i bid an client interviewd me .On the discussion 200 $ were decided.I was new so i had no idea of contract .Later on i sent him message for a contract .He sent me the offer but with 8$/hr which is incorrect method .I asked him to change the method but the client went offline.After that the client is still offline.I m in  a tension that what to  do.The offer will expire at 20,Dec.

All you can do is wait for him to reply. He can send you another offer if it expires.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths