🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client budget question
Page options
crabovan
Community Member

Client budget question

Hi, I've finally got my first job, and now it's comes that I've done more than stands in client bugdet. Will client be able to pay more than in his budget if I've done more work? And how does it work at all? I think that budget been made just as placeholder, or it doesn't work like so at Upwork? Once again, budget is X and I've done X+Y, will I get my Y, is it not somehow impossible because of how site works? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilsim
Community Member

The client can always add more money to Escrow and recreate the contract/update terms. No, it's not impossible, you just need to discuss it with them. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bilsim
Community Member

The client can always add more money to Escrow and recreate the contract/update terms. No, it's not impossible, you just need to discuss it with them. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

The correct way to handle projects is to discuss all details with the client before you start the job. And if you think that it's going to take more time than expected, again, communication is important. At this point, they don't have to pay you more money than the amount in escrow, and there's no way for you to dispute this. You should never just assume that you can do more work and get paid.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths