🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client cancelled the contract once I sent...
Page options
arslanali800
Community Member

Client cancelled the contract once I sent him solution for a final review.

Hi,

I have worked with a client and he had cancel my contract after I sent him solution on upwork chat. I sent him on chat to just let him to check the solution. He had placed only half amount of project in escrow. Now he is completely disappered and did not respsond to my any question nor telling me what I did wrong. I don't know why he had canceled my contract as I did well before the deadline. 

I can return the escrow amount it not a big deal for me but atleast I should know the reason why he had canceled my contract and wasting my precious time. There should be some kind of penality for this kind of unprofessionalism and wasting time of serious freelancers.

Depsite the fact that he had canceled the contract and there is nothing wrong from my side but I will end up negative score.

Arslan Ali

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Clients can do this kind of thing only if they find a freelancer who enables it. Unfortunately, as we so very often read here in the forum, they do.

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your response. So is there some enable option for freelancer which can make client unable to cancel the contract? I have no issue to refund the escrow, but there should be some kind of response/reply after I sent solution. As soon as I sent him a solution for review he just cancelled the contract and disapper and never gave any response. This will also have an effect an my success score, and I did every thing in a timely fashion and wasted my time and cancelled the contract after getting solution. 

Arslan

Arslan A wrote:

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your response. So is there some enable option for freelancer which can make client unable to cancel the contract? I have no issue to refund the escrow, but there should be some kind of response/reply after I sent solution. As soon as I sent him a solution for review he just cancelled the contract and disapper and never gave any response. This will also have an effect an my success score, and I did every thing in a timely fashion and wasted my time and cancelled the contract after getting solution. 

Arslan

Because he wasn't interested in discussing it because he thought it was that bad, so he just decided to cancel and get his money back. You need to be able to understand actions without it being spelled out for you.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks alot for your comments and response. You might be right but I think If some one who wanted me to run and check his python script, and itself do not know what "pip" do in python or how to gave directory path in a source code then I might not able able to land on his expectations. 

Arslan  

Arslan A wrote:

Hi Martina,

Arslan

I might have misunderstood. I thought you provided free work before the contract was fully funded.

You don't have to approve the escrow refund, not sure what the consequences of that is, though. 

Hi Martina, 

He gave me a contract and I worked on a funded milstone.  Nonetheless, I will approve the escrow refunds because projects was of few $, and I don't want those. But don't know how it will effect my score as I am new and have less work history on upwork. 

Arslan Ali

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths