🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client changing the agreed contract work
Page options
chelseasworks
Community Member

Client changing the agreed contract work

My client has today on the day of the deadline added on things that was not in our agreeed contract. I have done the work asked of me, but she has not been available and has ignored me for the past three days when I've sent work to be reviewed by her. I want/need to know if I end my contract that I'm making a wise decision.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Chelsea S wrote:

My client has today on the day of the deadline added on things that was not in our agreeed contract. I have done the work asked of me, but she has not been available and has ignored me for the past three days when I've sent work to be reviewed by her. I want/need to know if I end my contract that I'm making a wise decision.

Why do you want to do that? It is an hourly contract, isn't it? Either do the extra work and charge for it, or explain to the client that you can't / don't want to do the additional work. Don't just apruptly close a contract, it will likely earn you poor feedback, and is not good manners or how professionals deal with things like that.

Ok, thank you! I've been stressed trying to get through to my client and now with all these things throw on its been even moreso stressful. 

kat303
Community Member

Chelsea S wrote:

---------------

If this was an hourly job, and you've received additional work other then what was outlined in the job requirements, you can work on that because on hourly jobs, you get paid for the hours you put in as long as you follow Upwork's hourly payment protection plan I would keep the contract open for awhile just in case this client wants more work. There's no rush to close it, After a month or 2 then you can probably close it with a message letting the client know that if she/he has more work, they can hire you again by just clicking on the hire button. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths