cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client confirmed via upwork msg she accepts my proposal and fee. What's next?

jonathanlevey
Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
11 of 14
Thanks Martina!

I see now that even though she write to me via Upwork messaging that she agreed to our terms, she still needs to revise my initial proposed agreement to confirm she is hiring me, and modify the original terms hunting a fixed rate.

Hopefully this will all happen following our next communication where I believe I can simply modify and rephrase the terms to guide and print her to do the next steps (revise) the initial agreement and mark this job as hired.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levey
martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
12 of 14

Jonathan L wrote:
Thanks Martina!

I see now that even though she write to me via Upwork messaging that she agreed to our terms, she still needs to revise my initial proposed agreement to confirm she is hiring me, and modify the original terms hunting a fixed rate.

Hopefully this will all happen following our next communication where I believe I can simply modify and rephrase the terms to guide and print her to do the next steps (revise) the initial agreement and mark this job as hired.

Jonathan

Not exactly right, the client needs to send you an offer, and you accept that offer. You have to do absolutely nothing to facilitate that. If the original job posting was defined as hourly, the client needs to change that in her offer to fixed. 

Is it a first-time client? If not, they know how to do that. The best would be to tell your client that she should send a fixed price offer for the agreed amount, and you will be happy to start working once you have it. 

jonathanlevey
Ace Contributor
13 of 14
Perfect! Thanks! Well explained. Clear and simple. In fact, this IS a
first time client, so I will share your tips with her. Smiley Happy
Jonathan Levey
jonathanlevey
Ace Contributor
14 of 14

So, just as a final post on this topic...

I wanted to let others know that everything worked out fine.

All went smoothly. I did as suggested and the client (also a first time user) simply revised the contract to the terms we agreed on, under the Fixed price option. All is confirmed. I have been hired at the price agreed upon, and we are both looking forward to our upcoming Zoom call later this week via the Upwork meeting room. Smiley Happy 

Thanks again, to all those fellow Upwork members, that provided thoughtful input to address my concerns and help resolve this issue, setting me on the right path, moving forward! 

...you know who you are! Smiley Wink

Jonathan Levey
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS