🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client did not pay my fee
Page options
irishabhsoni
Community Member

Client did not pay my fee

I worked for a client, She make an offer and ended her offer before the project completion without paying any amount

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I worked for a client, She make an offer and ended her offer before the project completion without paying any amount"

The problem here is not with the client.

The problem is with the freelancer.

As the freelancer, you used Upwork incorrectly.

You need to figure out what you did wrong. We can help you do that.

Tell is: Was this an hourly or fixed-price contract?
Do you know if you were actually hired?

Based on what little you said, it sounds to me like you discussed a project, but were never officially hired.

You worked for free, and there was no way for you to get paid because you never actually clicked on an "Accept" button.

Is this correct?

========

Ah... good. I am glad I was wrong.

The Forum Moderator filled in the missing information.

You successfully logged time. You will be paid for all the time that you logged. You just didn't realize it because you are new.

All you need to do is look here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

...and you will see your money.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rishabh,

I checked your contract and I can see that you have logged in 1 hour last week. When you`re working on hourly contracts, your clients are billed every Monday for the time tracked in the previous week.
To learn more about how you`re getting paid on Hourly contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
avirockx007
Community Member

Did you get yourself hired? Because when a client gives you an offer you have to accept to get yourself officially hired. This how it works, else you are just working for free. You should be careful when working & make sure that you are hired. This is a major problem for every new freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths