🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client didn't offer a contract
Page options
darreldenn
Community Member

Client didn't offer a contract

Hi I'm just newbie here, A client asked me to do a job (and finished it) but he didn't offered a contract. On the second day I just found out that it was illegal. I stop replying to his message, and didn't continue doing the new tasked that he asked for. I felt bad because he's not doing the right thing. What should I do next, for I don't want to work for him anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Darrel B wrote:

Hi I'm just newbie here, A client asked me to do a job (and finished it) but he didn't offered a contract. On the second day I just found out that it was illegal. I stop replying to his message, and didn't continue doing the new tasked that he asked for. I felt bad because he's not doing the right thing. What should I do next, for I don't want to work for him anymore.

You should always give the client the benefit of the doubt. He might be just as inexperienced as you. So next time this or another client asks you to do something, this is what you say:

Dear client, I'm looking forward to working with you. I'm ready to start once you send the offer. 

This way you seperate the inexperienced from the scammers. 

But I saw his profile and saw some totally 1 star irate reviews. BTW Thanks for your advice enjoy your day! 🙂

Darrel B wrote:

But I saw his profile and saw some totally 1 star irate reviews. BTW Thanks for your advice enjoy your day! 🙂

You definitely should check out the client  before you even write a proposal. 1 star reviews, low hiring rate, low paying jobs, are some good indicators to not apply. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths