🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client didn’t pay milestone
Page options
businessmagna
Community Member

Client didn’t pay milestone

Hello all. I’m new to Upwork. I started a Business Plan job on Oct 4th for a client. We agreed on a funded milestone which required me submitting my biz plan questionnaire to him by Oct 6th. I submitted it on the 5th and have not received either the answers to the questionnaire or the milestone payment. Not only do I feel he should have paid as agreed but completing the biz plan on time is dependent on the questionnaire answers. I sent a message yesterday, the 6th, but as of yet no response. What should I do? Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@James I wrote:
Hello all. I’m new to Upwork. I started a Business Plan job on Oct 4th for a client. We agreed on a funded milestone which required me submitting my biz plan questionnaire to him by Oct 6th. I submitted it on the 5th and have not received either the answers to the questionnaire or the milestone payment. Not only do I feel he should have paid as agreed but completing the biz plan on time is dependent on the questionnaire answers. I sent a message yesterday, the 6th, but as of yet no response. What should I do? Thanks.

James, Did you submit the work using the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? In that case the client has FOURTEEN DAYS (! NOT 14 hours!) to review the work. If the client does not react, the funds in Escrow will be automatically released.

Just wait. The client knows where you are. It is weekend and to many people that means spending time with family etc. Do not harass the client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@James I wrote:

James, Did you submit the work using the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? In that case the client has FOURTEEN DAYS (! NOT 14 hours!) to review the work. If the client does not react, the funds in Escrow will be automatically released.

Just wait. The client knows where you are. It is weekend and to many people that means spending time with family etc. Do not harass the client.

Hi,
Yes I did use the “Submit work for Payment” button. Thank you very much for your help.
James

@James I wrote:
Hi,
Yes I did use the “Submit work for Payment” button. Thank you very much for your help.
James

Then you are ok, just wait. 

Some unsolicited comments on your profile, though: Who is the "we" you refer to? If there are more than one persons providing work through your profile, you should have an agency. 

I personally, don't like "killer" references, but that's a matter of personal taste. 

Sorry, May change the “we”.
On other platforms I found clients were more confident if you were part of a “team.”
JoanneP

Hi James,

Petra is correct. Please check this help article for more information about Fixed- Price contracts. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths