🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client disappeared!
Page options
katievee
Community Member

Client disappeared!

Hi, 

I have another question! 

I was hired for a voice over job. The client has paid the rate into escrow. I submitted my first read to him. He had some notes. I re submitted 4 days ago and now nothing! Do I still get paid even though he has disappearred? I have messaged him 3 times. 

Katie 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do not re-submit as it starts the 14 day clock all over again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Katharine Sarah V wrote:

Hi, 

I have another question! 

I was hired for a voice over job. The client has paid the rate into escrow. I submitted my first read to him. He had some notes. I re submitted 4 days ago and now nothing! Do I still get paid even though he has disappearred? I have messaged him 3 times. 

Clients have 14 (not 4) days to review your work and if they are not reacting the money in Escrow (only) is automatically released to you after 14 days.

3 messages in 4 days is bordering on harassment, leave the client alone, it is Thanksgiving week as well and lots of people are on holiday.

katievee
Community Member

Harrassment?!! For goodness sake!! He was messaging me countelss times before he went missing! 

Thanks! 

PS he is also in China where I dont think they celcrate Thanksgiving...

petra_r
Community Member

@Katharine Sarah V wrote:

Harrassment?!! For goodness sake!!

Calm down. I said "bordering on."

The fact remains that clients are given 14 days to request changes if needed. Ff you have properly submitted, 14 days after the last time you clicked on "Submit" or "Resubmit" the funds are released.

The client knows where you are if they want to discuss anything with you.

katievee
Community Member

I am calm. Thanks.

Do not re-submit as it starts the 14 day clock all over again.

Thnak you Mary 

Katherine, thank you for putting this question up here.  This just happened to me today and I did not know what to do.  The client just messaged me out of the blue asking for a refund AFTER he just stopped communicating in Novemeber.  Luckily, I had submitted my work. So I guess he saw the funds released and assumed people here just work for free or something.  But asking for a refund takes some balls - especially after he had me resubmitting things over and over as if he didn't know what he  wanted.  Like someone said in another thread: lesson learned.  

laure-luinwe
Community Member

Hi! I am having the same issue with a client of mine. I am going to submit the work but the thing is, I am concerned that she drop a bad feedback for a bad purpose and ruins my Upwork business career. is there any control mechanism to prevent it?

Hi Orcun,

Thank you for reaching out. Once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes. If they approve, the funds in escrow will be released to your pending payments. If your client takes no action for 14 days, the funds are automatically released to your pending payments and will be released to you after a 5-day security hold.

Please note that we are not privy to how your client evaluates you. We can only suggest that you build a strong relationship with clients and end contracts on a good note. Feedback represents the user's opinion, and because of this, we can't edit these comments or scores, nor can we investigate them for accuracy. Should you have issues with feedback, please discuss it with your client directly.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths