Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client disappeared!

Katharine Sarah V Member Since: Nov 17, 2018
1 of 8

Hi, 

I have another question! 

I was hired for a voice over job. The client has paid the rate into escrow. I submitted my first read to him. He had some notes. I re submitted 4 days ago and now nothing! Do I still get paid even though he has disappearred? I have messaged him 3 times. 

Katie 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

@Katharine Sarah V wrote:

Hi, 

I have another question! 

I was hired for a voice over job. The client has paid the rate into escrow. I submitted my first read to him. He had some notes. I re submitted 4 days ago and now nothing! Do I still get paid even though he has disappearred? I have messaged him 3 times. 

Clients have 14 (not 4) days to review your work and if they are not reacting the money in Escrow (only) is automatically released to you after 14 days.

3 messages in 4 days is bordering on harassment, leave the client alone, it is Thanksgiving week as well and lots of people are on holiday.

3 of 8

Harrassment?!! For goodness sake!! He was messaging me countelss times before he went missing! 

Thanks! 

PS he is also in China where I dont think they celcrate Thanksgiving...

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

@Katharine Sarah V wrote:

Harrassment?!! For goodness sake!!

Calm down. I said "bordering on."

The fact remains that clients are given 14 days to request changes if needed. Ff you have properly submitted, 14 days after the last time you clicked on "Submit" or "Resubmit" the funds are released.

The client knows where you are if they want to discuss anything with you.

5 of 8
I am calm. Thanks.
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

Do not re-submit as it starts the 14 day clock all over again.

7 of 8

Thnak you Mary 

Teresa F Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
8 of 8

Katherine, thank you for putting this question up here.  This just happened to me today and I did not know what to do.  The client just messaged me out of the blue asking for a refund AFTER he just stopped communicating in Novemeber.  Luckily, I had submitted my work. So I guess he saw the funds released and assumed people here just work for free or something.  But asking for a refund takes some balls - especially after he had me resubmitting things over and over as if he didn't know what he  wanted.  Like someone said in another thread: lesson learned.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS