🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client disappears from Upwork?
Page options
sybilstokes
Community Member

Client disappears from Upwork?

Hello!

I applied to a job that popped up yesterday. Today the client mesaged to request a resume. I sent the resume via Upwork messaging a little after 7 and then around 7:30 I see a system message that says Client Name doesn't have access to Upwork anymore and is no longer active? Is that a bit suspicous? And what a waste of two connects. 😕

Thank you so your feedback!

Sybil

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Sybil S wrote:

I applied to a job that popped up yesterday. Today the client mesaged to request a resume. I sent the resume via Upwork messaging a little after 7 and then around 7:30 I see a system message that says Client Name doesn't have access to Upwork anymore and is no longer active? Is that a bit suspicous? And what a waste of two connects. 😕

It means the client was kicked off Upwork and you will get your Connects back.

Unless you want to join the client's fate I would strongly suggest your properly complete your profile with a meaninngful overview and a profile photo before applying for any more contracts.

I am new to upwork and looking for help. Not a scam artist.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sybil S wrote:

Hello!

Thank you so your feedback!

Sybil

Your profile is practically empty, you have no portfolio, not even a picture. At this stage, no serious client will contact you, you will just attract scammers

I appreicate your advice. I was unware that a picture was that important but will add one. I've filled out my profile as much as I can. I don't have a portfolio and I included my one job for the past almost 15 years. What else can I possibly add?

6408437a
Community Member

Hi

So far I know it is prohibited to share personal contact information/resume/cv with any clients. Please check it with seniors 🙂

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Al Shahriat,

It's fine to communicate with your clients by other means outside the platform after they respond to your proposal. We do however advise you to copy all the files and communication into the contract's message room after each conversation. Ask your client for acknowledgment, in order to keep a record in case a problem arises.

Sharing contact information on a profile, as well as offering and receiving payments outside of Upwork will still be considered a violation of Upwork ToS.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Understood. Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

Thank you so much for letting me know! I will go search through more Upwork policies for this type of info. Very helpful thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths