🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client doesn't reply
Page options
talharehmn
Community Member

Client doesn't reply

I got my first job on upwork . I was pretty excited , thinking curse has finally broken. BUT my client is not replying to my texts. The job desciption is  a one liner . I need more informationt o complete the task, but he is not replying to my texts. The payment for 1st milestone is already in escrow.  Now the milstone is due in one day and I am still stuck here with lack of information. What should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Your understanding of Upwork is incorrect.

Clients are not obligated to reply to freelancers.

You made a mistake.

You should not accept a fixed-price contract until you have enough information to complete the task.

What should you do?

For one, do not harass the client. He does not work for you.

Second, don't make this mistake again.

As for this assignment, if you genuinely do not have enough information to  do your job (which is your fault), then I guess you just need to ignore the due date and wait.

I agree with Preston, you should wait until client responds back, because you can't do anything at this point...

Move on, get more jobs and get going...

All the best!

kat303
Community Member

You should not accept an offer unless you have enough information, all questions answered and until you have the files/materials you need. Once you have all of that, then you can accept offers.

Right now, just wait. Don't message them again. The client has hired you, funded escrow, and has received your messages. They know how to get in touch with you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths