🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client ended the hourly contract before payin...
Page options
52bf3193
Community Member

Client ended the hourly contract before paying and total hours shown in my profile decreased

Hello Fellow Professionals. Hope you're having a good day!

So one of my client ended a contract without discussing with me first. He ended it becuase due to some issues, his company had to put a pause on the project. It was an hourly contract and he said he'd pay me for the already worked hours. I was hired on April 26th and he ended the contract on 30th today. He has a verified payment method also. 

I worked on this contract for two hours. Now, the total work hours displayed in my profile was 24 hours. But after him ending the contract, it's showing 22 hours.

My question is-

1. Will I get paid for the 2 hours I logged in?

2. We both exchanged feedbacks, will the contract be displayed in my profile once the payment has been processed?

3. Why did my total work hours decrease? 

Thank you for your time. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Anika T wrote:

2. We both exchanged feedbacks, will the contract be displayed in my profile once the payment has been processed?

1) Yes. Clients are charged automatically for all the hours you tracked or added manually (but manual time is not protected in case of a problem)

2) Yes.

3) It didn't. It'll even out within the next few days. Pay no attention to it, it makes no difference if it says 22 or 24.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Anika T wrote:

1) Yes. Clients are charged automatically for all the hours you tracked or added manually (but manual time is not protected in case of a problem)

2) Yes.

3) It didn't. It'll even out within the next few days. Pay no attention to it, it makes no difference if it says 22 or 24.

52bf3193
Community Member

Hi Petra. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Really appreciate it! This was helpful. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths