Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client fooling freelancers !!!

mohitevatsal
Vatsal S Member Since: Jan 15, 2021
11 of 15
Hi,

Can a client having a great amount ($40k) spent on their profile, be fraud? Can clients show fake amount spent on their profile? I have got hired by a client having Upwork plus batch and with high amount on money spent with High number of hires. Could this client be a fraud? His money spent is showing in crores!!
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 15

re: "Can a client having a great amount ($40k) spent on their profile, be fraud?"

Possible. But unlikely.

re: "Can clients show fake amount spent on their profile?"

No.

re: "I have got hired by a client having Upwork plus batch and with high amount on money spent with High number of hires. Could this client be a fraud?"

Possible, but unlikely.

So here is the thing: You can't just ask if someone could be a fraud but not tell us why you think he might be a fraud.

Is there something he is doing specifically that makes you wonder if he is fraudulent?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 15

Vatsal S wrote:
Hi,

Can a client having a great amount ($40k) spent on their profile, be fraud? Can clients show fake amount spent on their profile? I have got hired by a client having Upwork plus batch and with high amount on money spent with High number of hires. Could this client be a fraud? His money spent is showing in crores!!

What kind of fraud? Scamming you out or your money, not paying you, or using your work for fraudulent activities? You need to be more specific. 

But, as I contemplate this, the answer to all 3 is: I don't know. 

37f15cb6
Sonika J Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
14 of 15
Your message ended the hope I had for about 5 months now. You will rather be proud of yourself that you were smart enough to understand he was fooling you, i didnt. I kept tracking him, asking him payment for 1.5 months of work where i received only 5$ so far. He kept on delaying and used covid as an excuse. Today, when he messaged and asked for another job, i googled about him and found you. I am disheartened as well as angry at my stupidity. Though again, he was my first assignment and this mistake gave me 2 more jobs. But that doesnt mean i should forget the labor of 4hr per day for 1.5 months.
I request upwork to please look into the man, because i can no longer trust people here.
And thanks man, for writing this post and saving me from another mistake!!
mohitevatsal
Vatsal S Member Since: Jan 15, 2021
15 of 15
Which man are you taking about??? You haven't mentioned anyone.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS