🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client has offered me work via Upwork email. ...
Page options
milesmuso
Community Member

Client has offered me work via Upwork email. Do I wait for an official contract?

Hi,
I'm new to Upwork and I think I have my first confirmed project, but I'm not sure of how to proceed.

A registered Upwork client has sent me an email asking if I'm happy to accept one piece of work from him, with more to follow. Of course I answered 'yes', but I'm not sure if this constitutes a binding official offer/acceptance contract. This is potentially my first Upwork job, so I'm not sure of what I should do next. Do I wait for notification from Upwork? Should I advise the client that he needs to click a button somewhere to officially start the process?

Here's the email I received (with names deleted)....
________________________________________________________________________________

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The client seems to have used Upwork before (his profile history lists 15 to 20 proposals, 4 interviews. 1 job posted, $35 total spent, 1 open job.1 hire) so I'm sure he's not trying to bend the rules, but I really need to know how to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance for your help

3 REPLIES 3
milesmuso
Community Member

Result! The client has just sent a confirmed offer via Upwork, so I'm sure everything is kosher. So I won't need any more help on this thread. If you've read my original post: thanks! 

Hey Miles,

I just want to confirm it is ok to communicate off Upwork.  Just make sure all payment is done through the platform.  As a newbie please read all of the available resources or come back to the community and ask away! 

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. You guys are SO much better than Freelancer!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths