🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client hasn't approved payment request & take...
Page options
amit_k_nain
Community Member

Client hasn't approved payment request & take action on paym request before 14days so can't get paid

The client hasn't approved the payment request & takes action on the payment request before 14 days so can't get paid. Can anyone help in the same .?

My Client said me to create functionality through which he gets data according to radius into the milestone. I did the same & submit a request for payment. His site got hacked, its's took 2-3 weeks to get back live in between this he takes action that he can't check it so he takes action on the submitted request & extends the date. After that same happened & site again got hacked, In the same manner, I'm waiting for payment approval for approx 8 weeks already submitted work 3 to 4 time but he takes action on it in last second day or 3rd day & cancels the payment. Anyone can help how can I file a dispute or get the payment. I also attached a video in which functionality is working properly. #dispute #help #release #payment

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Amit K wrote:

The client hasn't approved the payment request & takes action on the payment request before 14 days so can't get paid. Can anyone help in the same .?

My Client said me to create functionality through which he gets data according to radius into the milestone. I did the same & submit a request for payment. His site got hacked, its's took 2-3 weeks to get back live in between this he takes action that he can't check it so he takes action on the submitted request & extends the date. After that same happened & site again got hacked, In the same manner, I'm waiting for payment approval for approx 8 weeks already submitted work 3 to 4 time but he takes action on it in last second day or 3rd day & cancels the payment. Anyone can help how can I file a dispute or get the payment. I also attached a video in which functionality is working properly. #dispute #help #release #payment

Don't submit the payment request multiple times, that will start the 14 day waiting period every time. You only submit once, and then wait 14 days.

It is perfectly within the client's rights to not approve before that, and no action will be taken on something that just works as designed. 

Yes, I understand it, but when I already did my job & submit a payment request. But the client takes action & adds a comment on the submitted request it'll show back to me "work in Progress" after the 12th or 13th day of submission payment request & it happened again & again. What is my fault .?
Why do I need to wait for payment for more than a month?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amit,

I'm very sorry to hear about what's happening with your contract. While I'm not familiar with the contract, I can confirm that freelancers aren't required to complete tasks which have not been discussed and agreed upon at the start of the contract or during the contract, and aren't part of the contract terms. Please note that we do have Payment Protection in place for Fixed Price contracts and in case the client declines the payment request that appears to have been submitted, the freelancer will be able to initiate a dispute and our team will follow up with both parties. You can find more information in these help articles, here and here.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you for your concern. But i already check these link but didn't found helpful to file a dispute, They only told me that when we file a dispute but they can't help me in the matter "How can i file a dispute on active milestone".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths