🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client haven't paid after the completion of t...
Page options
rahulghai1991
Community Member

Client haven't paid after the completion of test work,

Hi, I've got a proposal from a client here, relating to writing an article and he mentioned that for writing a test article he would still pay me. So I wrote his an 2500words article, after receiving it he is not reponding to my messages, I have screenshots as a proof, please suggest what can I do in this case !!

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

If you didn't have an actual contract (in which you hit the Accept button) then there is nothing you can do. You did free work. In the future don't do any work, including paid test articles without a contract in place. 

Ok thanks, I'll take care of that,
Could you kindly guide me how can I know if the client is trustworthy or
not? And what all do I need in order to get my payment credited to my
account?(in terms of mandatory documents if any )

Hi Rahul,

Please make sure your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your ''My Jobs'' tab before you start working. Only accept to get paid through Upwork and never pay in order to be considered or hired for a job. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started. Pay attention to the Safety First! section, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, as these will help you work safely on Upwork!

If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”).

You'll have access to your Upwork earnings as long as you have completed W-8BEN form, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. You may need to consult a local tax adviser about proper ways to report your Upwork income to your country's tax authorities. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths