🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client interaction / query posting platfo...
Page options
chetasthakkar
Community Member

Client interaction / query posting platform - before project bidding

Hi Community!

I am new to Upwork and exploring opportunities since past few days. I have a query, I have gone through one of the supplier sourcing projects posted by a rated employer. I want to bid it, but it is having lack of clarity on technical specification of product. My query is, is there any feature in Upwork where I can interact (post my query) with the employer before bidding? As every bid consumes ‘connects’ and don’t want to waste it. Better clarity (query resolution) before bidding will make bid reasonable and avoid wastage of 'connects'.

Thank you,

Chetas T.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ramilaquinojr
Community Member

Hi Chetas.

The short answer would be: there is no way to discuss with a potential new client before you bid. In fact, you won't be able to discuss until the client replies to you and thereby initiates an interview.

Technical aspects could be a key factor in your decision to bid. I can relate since this is true in my field which is code dev. Personally, I just avoid bidding on projects with vague descriptions. But if I really want to work with a particular client (great reviews, high average pay, high total pay), I would risk losing connects and still submit a proposal. That being said, I try to make sure my proposal is remarkable so that it doesn't fully go to waste even I don't get the posted project.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ramilaquinojr
Community Member

Hi Chetas.

The short answer would be: there is no way to discuss with a potential new client before you bid. In fact, you won't be able to discuss until the client replies to you and thereby initiates an interview.

Technical aspects could be a key factor in your decision to bid. I can relate since this is true in my field which is code dev. Personally, I just avoid bidding on projects with vague descriptions. But if I really want to work with a particular client (great reviews, high average pay, high total pay), I would risk losing connects and still submit a proposal. That being said, I try to make sure my proposal is remarkable so that it doesn't fully go to waste even I don't get the posted project.

Hope this helps!

Hi Ramil,

Thanks for the clarification. Hope Upwork team is aware about this type of issue usually faced by most of users and working on the solution for betterment.

Thanks,

Chetas T.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths