🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client is not giving good reviews as promised
Page options
muhammad-aatir
Community Member

Client is not giving good reviews as promised

Hello All,

I started the contract 19577289 and worked hard but at the end the client ended the contract with returned escrow request. I disputed and than withdraw because the client agrees to change the feedback.

After returning escrow amount the client is not changing his feedback and he is not even replying to my messages. Please suggest me that what to do in this type of case. My profile is new and I don't want bad reviews from client's.

Thanks,

Muhammad Aatir Khan.

4 REPLIES 4
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

Threatening bad feedback if demands for a refund are not complied with, is against the ToS. Please flag the individual message where the client has made these remarks by clicking the gear kog to the right of the message and selecting 'Report this message'. Our team will review it and take the appropriate actions. Please note that only Top Rated freelancers can use the feedback removal perk.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I had reported the message, you can have a look at that message too.

I had reported it with the actual URL of this community thread i.e.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Client-is-not-giving-good-reviews-as-promised/m-p/5099...

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

prestonhunter
Community Member

It seems that the client behaved inappropriately.

The freelancer was apparently engaging in feedback manipulation.

We do not know all the details of this situation, but it seems like the freelancer was violating Upwork TOS and was acting unprofessionally.

colettelewis
Community Member

Muhammad,

If you refunded the client then the public feedback should not show at all - whether you are top rated or not. However, the client is likely to leave private feedback which could negatively impact your JSS. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about this.

Never, ever bargain with a client about feedback. Your public feedback may look OK, but the feedback the client leaves in private is what counts. 

I see from another of your other posts that you were worried about a low JSS. Your ratings may or may not have been unfair, but, as another freelancer suggested in that thread, you should study them more carefully and see where you can improve your offer. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths