🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client is not responding after the job is don...
Page options
hasib_dev
Community Member

Client is not responding after the job is done.

Hello 
I got a project on Jan 30 which was for $350. The job was divided in 3 Milestones. After completing the first two milestone I submitted the work and the milestone was approved by the client and after that he assigned me the third and final milestone which I had already completed and Submitted the work for payment. But Since the client was Inactive UpWork has paid me the money after the 14 days waiting time period. I have tried every possible way to reach the client to ask him if he would like to make any other changes or not. He's not responding at all. It's over a month now that I have contract open without any active milestone. Will it effect my JSS if I end the contract now? I know that If i have any inactive contract without any payment made to me will drop my JSS and it happened before and I don't want that to happen again. Please let me know if I can end the contract without costing my JSS, I just don't want to lose my top rated bagde just because of an irresponsible client. 

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter. 
Regards
Hasibullah Hasib
Full-Stack Web Developer & App Developer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Hasibullah H wrote:

. He's not responding at all. It's over a month now that I have contract open without any active milestone. Will it effect my JSS if I end the contract now? 

Because you have been paid money, this contract will not hurt your JSS whether it is open or closed.

In other words, it will not affect your JSS if you leave it open, and it will not affect your JSS if you close it unless the client leaves poor feedback.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Hasibullah H wrote:

. He's not responding at all. It's over a month now that I have contract open without any active milestone. Will it effect my JSS if I end the contract now? 

Because you have been paid money, this contract will not hurt your JSS whether it is open or closed.

In other words, it will not affect your JSS if you leave it open, and it will not affect your JSS if you close it unless the client leaves poor feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths