🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client keep delaying skype interviews
Page options
h_hanata
Community Member

Client keep delaying skype interviews

Hello guys,

I am still a newbie, joined upwork a month ago, and i have questions about a certain future client. So this client is listed as one of enterprise upwork clients, payment is verified and they already spent more than $10m in upwork, but i have so many things that raise a lot of doubts regarding this client. the client contacted me first through upwork message and they asked me to send them my cv and skype id cause they'd  like to interview me through skype (audio and video). Then they sent me an e-mail asking me to book an interview schedule with them through booked.com. I followed each of their instructions, but then on every scheduled interview time they bailed on me and kept on asking for another date to reschedule the interview. The worst thing is that they never let me know if they were going to bail on me, they just informed me after so many hours have passed and i was waiting in front of my laptop on skype waiting for the interview. is this a common thing here? and the second thing that makes me having doubts on this client is that they never invited me for interview in upwork website they just invited me through e-mail, so my status is forever active candidancy. While in the mean time, i can see their status on the related job are interviewing couples of people, and the amount of the interviewees are piling up while my status is still active candidancy. this client just e-mailed me to schedule another interview so im really confused on how to react to them now. Please help me what step should i take regarding on this client, thanks everyone!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Do nothing. Dump them. Time wasters.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
versailles
Community Member

Do nothing. Dump them. Time wasters.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Are they just playing me? They are listed as an enterprise Upwork client but why are they being so unprofessional? Is this possible? I mean with their status as an “enterprise client” I was thinking supposedly they should be a trusted client but the way they’re dealing with me is not professional at all and I remember thinking at one point was I being scammed or sth. Cause I read somewhere there are so many fake “clients” posting jobs at Upwork.
petra_r
Community Member

You are not being scammed, and you are one of the ones in the Interview stage. (Active Candidacy and "Interview" are the same thing)

Most Enterprise clients have freelancers working as recruiters, and chances are you just ended up with a poor recruiter.

If you want the job write to him or her that you would appreciate it if he / she could actually turn for the next appointment, and see if that works.

Scammers generally don't spend 10M on Upwork 😉

h_hanata
Community Member

I have actually tried saying that with the person who contacted me with no effect. I already rescheduled 4 times, the third time I Skype chatted her and reminded her if she is gonna interview me at the scheduled time and she just said she will talk to me after 3 hours and then no contact again from her until the next day where she then told me to reschedule the interview again. That’s when I said to her if she somehow won’t be able to interview me at the scheduled time I would appreciate it if she’s at least going to inform me beforehand so I won’t just sit there waiting for her to contact me on skype and she just said sorry and promised me that she will but again she bailed on me with no words whatsoever from her. And today I just got another email from her asking me to schedule an interview with her. I am just worried if she’s gonna be my contact person, this is going to be a reflection on how bad the communication flow is going to be on our work relationship in the future..
petra_r
Community Member

@Hyrca H wrote:
I have actually tried saying that with the person who contacted me with no effect. I already rescheduled 4 times...
... I am just worried if she’s gonna be my contact person, this is going to be a reflection on how bad the communication flow is going to be on our work relationship in the future..

Recruiters just recruit, and this one seems to be spectacularly bad at her job.

It might be worth your while to contact Upwork so they can look into what that recruiter is doing to their Enterprise client's reputation.

h_hanata
Community Member

Thank you for your insights, it’s really helpful..do you know how can I talk to Upwork about this recruiter? Is it possible that she is just going to mark me as a no show, while in fact she is the one that bailed on me every single time? And is it going to affect me in any way if she’s doing this?

What you must decide is if this is the type of client with which you want to work.

If they disrespect your time during the interview process, what makes you think they will suddenly respect you and your time once work begins?

Just because they are an enterprise level client doesn't prohibit them from being aholes.

So, if you want to be treated like trash, keep communicating with them.

If you don't tell them sorry, not sorry.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking...
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Hycra. I will go ahead and check this with the team and will get back to you with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
h_hanata
Community Member

Thank you, Avery..
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hyrca, 

The team has shared this feedback directly to the team that supports this client so that we can improve on our services. Thank you for sharing this with us!

~ Avery
Upwork
h_hanata
Community Member

Thank you, Avery!

Hi Avery,

I think I'm in a similar situation. My interview has been rescheduled 2 times already. I'm afraid it might be rescheduled next time again. I'm not sure what should I do if this happens again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths