🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client needs my address to send me their ...
Page options
mcarafello
Community Member

Client needs my address to send me their product.

Hi all,

Was hoping for some guidance since I'm relatively new  to upwork. So  I've been going back and forth with  a client about producing a product advertisement video for them.  Nothing about it has been suspicious. However, they've now asked me to give them my home address  so they can send me their product, free of charge, so I may start the video.  Obviously this is a logical part of the project cycle and isn't  necessarily suspicious but I feel strange giving anyone online my address. 

Just wondering what I should do, or if there's  some way around this. 

Thanks,

- Matt

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Matthew:

There is no rule against providing a client with your address.

If you REALLY don't want to give them your address, then give them a P.O. Box.

But if this is a client that is paying you to make a video about their physical product, then they need to send you the product.

I'm not sure why you are so worried about this.
They're not going to come to your house. They probably don't live anywhere near you.

tgstudio
Community Member

For this very reason a lot of freelancers I know have a P.O. Box for business purposes.
alexmitar
Community Member

If they want to kill you, they'll place a bomb in the package in which case the only way to prevent that is to become a wedding videographer but the bride would still be able to stab you if she wanted to ahah! Don't be so worried dude, we're all gonna die one day 🙂
Stay safe!
Alex

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths