🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client needs my email for projects.
Page options
michaelleppan
Community Member

Client needs my email for projects.

Hello,

I am an Amazon PPC campaign manager and in order for clients to invite me as an editor to complete their jobs and solve their problems, I have to give them my email. I have heard of people getting banned when Upwork picked up other communication platforms being shared even though that other person did not breach Upworks terms. I want to know is there any way to protect myself and my account from being banned because a bot picks up me sharing an email so I can actually do the job. I plan on building up my Upwork profile and don't want all that work to go down the drain. I'd appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Michael

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

Communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation of our TOS. Rest assured you won't have any problems with sharing your email with your clients. 
But, please keep in mind that offering or accepting payments outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

Communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation of our TOS. Rest assured you won't have any problems with sharing your email with your clients. 
But, please keep in mind that offering or accepting payments outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for clearing that up and clarifying that.

good to see

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths