🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client not answering
Page options
sahi_zahra
Community Member

Client not answering

Hi my cleint not answering for second milestone payment,the date of second milestone was 25 May 2019 can you please guide me ,is my milestone payment was escrowed?or will i receive automatically my second payment? as this is now 3rd day of 2nd milestone

this is his first proposal not sure i will receive for 2nd milestone payment or not

Kindly answer as well that what to see /what to do before submitting files to cleint?
so that we can receive our payment on time ?

Est. Budget: $25.00Milestone
1: HTML design similar to PDFDue: Saturday, May 25, 2019
Amount in escrow: $15.00
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hina, 

I checked your contract and can see that the milestone is funded, and you were able to request for payment around 15-hours ago. Your client will have 14-days to review your submitted work, where they can ask for changes to the work you have submitted, or release the funds in escrow earlier than the 14-day.

If your client doesn't come back to request for changes within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You may read more about getting paid, and be protected under the Payment Protection Program through this help article

Let me know if you have further questions!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hina, 

I checked your contract and can see that the milestone is funded, and you were able to request for payment around 15-hours ago. Your client will have 14-days to review your submitted work, where they can ask for changes to the work you have submitted, or release the funds in escrow earlier than the 14-day.

If your client doesn't come back to request for changes within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You may read more about getting paid, and be protected under the Payment Protection Program through this help article

Let me know if you have further questions!

~ Avery
Upwork

re: "Client not answering"

Clients are never required to answer freelancers.

re: "My client not answering for second milestone payment"

That is fine.

re: "Can you please guide me? Is my milestone payment escrowed?"

You do not need anybody to help you. You can click on the contract listing or go to Upwork -> Overview -> Reports, and you can see for yourself exactly what money is in escrow.

re: "Will I receive automatically my second payment?"

Any time you use the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button, you will AUTOMATICALLY receive all of the money in excrow for that task (if the client does nothing).

re: "Kindly answer as well that what to see /what to do before submitting files to client, so that we can receive our payment on time?"

The only thing you should do before submitted the files is finish the precise task that you and the client originally agreed to for the milestone task. Don't do more. Don't do less. Don't ask the client to check it over first. Just finish the task and submit the files using the green "Submit Work" button.

As soon as you use that button, the client is is provided with the files, and a request to check them over and let you know if she wants to request any changes.

And clicking the button starts a countdown, so that you will be paid AUTOMATICALLY in 14 days. (If the client does not release payment sooner.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths