Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not following upwork rules.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
21 of 33

Paul S wrote:

the only reason a client wants to go outside upwork is to avoid the fees

This is dangerously false. Dishonest clients often want to get the freelancer off platform so that they can avoid making payment at all.

Community Leader
Lester B Member Since: Sep 22, 2018
22 of 33

this is what happened to me i want to get back to upwork.

Community Leader
23 of 33

This is exactly what is happening now. I need help 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
24 of 33

re: "This is exactly what is happening now. I need help"

Why do you need help?

You have been working for a client. He asked if he could start paying you off-platform. You said no.

That's the end of it, isn't it?

Are we missing something?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
25 of 33

Preston H wrote:

re: "This is exactly what is happening now. I need help"

Why do you need help?

You have been working for a client. He asked if he could start paying you off-platform. You said no.

That's the end of it, isn't it?

Are we missing something?

Turns out, he agreed to work for the client outside of upwork, which is when client ended the contract, gave him awful feedback, but told the world that he is working with him outside of upwork. 

So, yes, freelancer REALLY needs help now.

Community Leader
26 of 33

Thank you martina, To tell everyone I am a self supporting student I pay my school fee I am a college student and I am also the one who provide needs of my daughter , pay bills. I am 20 years old and not everyone have a prosperous life like anyone does. I want to pick up myself from the ground and become successful by working hard. I get 2-4 hours of sleep please don't judge me I am not into client who doesn't follow rules as I want to build clean and nice reputation here on upwork and be known to my set of skills/field.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
27 of 33

Lester B wrote:

Thank you martina, To tell everyone I am a self supporting student I pay my school fee I am a college student and I am also the one who provide needs of my daughter , pay bills. I am 20 years old and not everyone have a prosperous life like anyone does. I want to pick up myself from the ground and become successful by working hard. I get 2-4 hours of sleep please don't judge me I am not into client who doesn't follow rules as I want to build clean and nice reputation here on upwork and be known to my set of skills/field.

So what you do now:

1. Ask the client to change the awful feedback he gave you and most importantly, change the wording where he indicates he is working with you outside of upwork. He should be satisfied with your work, at least, when he does that, why the bad feedback? Hopefully you still have the option to allow him to change feedback. 

2. Listen to what helpful people on the forum tell you, especially in regards of what is allowed and not allowed. You are seriously risking to be kicked off the platform for this kind of thing. 

Good luck!

Community Leader
28 of 33

He doesn't want to, He says its not a professional act. What can i do?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
29 of 33

Lester B wrote:

He doesn't want to, He says its not a professional act. What can i do?

Then tell that loser to kick rocks and move on.

Once again, the #1 rule of Upwork "Thou shalt take money by billing through Upwork and you shall enter the pearly gates of freedom heaven."

Community Leader
30 of 33

What can I tell him ? Obviously his comment will remain there even if I graduated from college. And his starting statement seems to tell that he hired me through upwork now I am in direct which is not good. What can I do ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS