🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client not paying
Page options
s-janjghava
Community Member

Client not paying

Hello Im new to upworks. So I had some job with client, I have done all what he wanted, I have uploaded the app to Apple Store, but Apple rejected the application. After that he wrote to me and I have explained what to do(It was yesterday). Today he is not answering and he have changed the password of his account from which I have uploaded the application. And here the job was updated and added the solution what Apple send to us to resolve the problem. Any Help?

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Sandro J wrote:

Hello Im new to upworks. So I had some job with client, I have done all what he wanted, I have uploaded the app to Apple Store, but Apple rejected the application. After that he wrote to me and I have explained what to do(It was yesterday). Today he is not answering and he have changed the password of his account from which I have uploaded the application. And here the job was updated and added the solution what Apple send to us to resolve the problem. Any Help?

Were you actually hired? (Is the job as a contract on your "My Jobs page?"

Was it on a fixed rate or hourly contract?

If hourly, did you track your time?

If fixed rate, did you submit through the contract correctly?

it was fixed rate and it only appears in Active proposals, not in contracts

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sandro,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with your client. 
I also checked your account and can confirm that you were not hired on a official contract. In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required. Upwork Payment Protection consists of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay I agree with you but what to do for now? that customer is free and will met to another developer and would be the same thing, 

Sandro J wrote:

Okay I agree with you but what to do for now?

What you do now is make a decision never to work without a contract ever again.

re: "Okay I agree with you but what to do for now? that customer is free and will met to another developer and would be the same thing,"

The client will only do this if freelancers let him do it. So the solution is for freelancers to NOT let clients do this.

YOU have already decided to never again work without a contract, so that is all you need to do. You can't control what other freelancers do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths