🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client not releasing escrow payment
Page options
d090a8df
Community Member

Client not releasing escrow payment

I am new to Upwork and got a contract to deliver a deployment to the client with some customizations. I fulfilled the tasks and deployed the code to clients server. I gave him the link to check the working and he told me to make a video of the same. I did and then the client went unresponsive. It has been more than 30 hours since I sent the videos. What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sarthak N wrote:

I am new to Upwork and got a contract to deliver a deployment to the client with some customizations. I fulfilled the tasks and deployed the code to clients server. I gave him the link to check the working and he told me to make a video of the same. I did and then the client went unresponsive. It has been more than 30 hours since I sent the videos. What should I do?

You should be patient and wait. Did you submit the work through the "Submit work for payment" link on the contract? That is the correct way to submit work.

The client then has 14 days (! - 14 DAYS, not hours) to check the work and decide if it needs changes.

If nothing happens, the money in Escrow is released automatically.

Whatever you do, do NOT hound the client.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Sarthak N wrote:

You should be patient and wait. Did you submit the work through the "Submit work for payment" link on the contract? That is the correct way to submit work.

The client then has 14 days (! - 14 DAYS, not hours) to check the work and decide if it needs changes.

If nothing happens, the money in Escrow is released automatically.

Whatever you do, do NOT hound the client.

What do you do if its been 14 days and payment still isnt released from escrow

re: "What do you do if its been 14 days and payment still isnt released from escrow"

Wait a few more hours.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths