🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client not replying
Page options
03a5eb91
Community Member

Client not replying

Hy everyone, I am newbie at Upwork. I got an hourly order from a new client from US (payment verified). Its his first job posting. And he hired 2 freelancers for same job. He asked me to make a sample before contract. And then he send contract offer (11 august) . He was replying before contract but after contract he didn't reply even a single time. Yesterday I started work on his project. He mentioned in contract to review work file after a defined limit. I send him file for review but no reply. Should I continue working on the project?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anzal A wrote:
Thanks Martina, Can you please further guide.

Its a long term project, cannot get completed in 1 week. Should I work on the project till the end of 1st week only or continue working for the next week? And should I stop texting him?

If you have everything you need for your work, I would just continue with it. It sounds hourly, so you have screenshots and are able to provide memos of what you did in the work diary, so you are protected. I would stop texting and continue with the job. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Anzal A wrote:
Hy everyone, I am newbie at Upwork. I got an hourly order from a new client from US (payment verified). Its his first job posting. And he hired 2 freelancers for same job. He asked me to make a sample before contract. And then he send contract offer (11 august) . He was replying before contract but after contract he didn't reply even a single time. Yesterday I started work on his project. He mentioned in contract to review work file after a defined limit. I send him file for review but no reply. Should I continue working on the project?

Sure why not? Finish the work, send it, and submit for payment (fixed price job) and wait, or just wait (hourly job and you used time tracker). 

Its a long term project, cannot get completed in 1 week. Should I work on the project till the end of 1st week only or continue working for the next week? And should I stop texting him?

Anzal A wrote:

If you have everything you need for your work, I would just continue with it. It sounds hourly, so you have screenshots and are able to provide memos of what you did in the work diary, so you are protected. I would stop texting and continue with the job. 

Ah, I get your point, I'll continue the work as I know all the details. Thank you for your time and valuable suggestion.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths