🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client not responding
Page options
rss115
Community Member

Client not responding

Hi,

I am new to upwork. Recently I got a job offer which I accepted. I had few questions which needs an answer before i start work. Client has not responded to those messages from past 2 days. Should I go ahead with the work or wait for his response?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
long-jeremy
Community Member

Hello Shree,

Every client is different with different preferences and jobs will not always work out as planned.

If you are going to start the work, write the client to let them know you are starting, but could use the information whenever possible.

Making sure you get the work done correctly is important and so are deadlines.

Communication is key. So make sure you let your client know what you are doing and things should persist smoother.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Two days is not very long.

If you were hired officially with an Upwork contract and were given instructions by the client, then I suggest you do as much work as you can on the project. Without waiting to hear from the client.

If you don't know how to do ANYTHING on the project then you made a mistake when you accepted the contract before understanding it. But I don't think that is the case. I think you know what you are doing, and the client trusts you to do the work. But you want to clarify a few details.

Do what you can. You already sent your questions. This is the client's project. And the client's timeline. If the client's timeline depended on getting you that information, he would have done so. Don't worry so much about his taking some time off in between responding to you.

Thanks so much. Will start work and update simultaneously.

kat303
Community Member

Shree - Make sure BEFORE you start work, (if this is a fixed rate contract) that the clients account is verified, and that this client has FULLY funded escrow for the agreed on price. If not, then do NOT start working. And if this is an hourly job, make sure the clients account is verified and that You use Tracker and document the screen shots it takes.

lakeishahutton
Community Member

I would be careful if its a fixed price job because payment is not guaranteed.  However, if the client already outlined what needs to be done and how he/she wants it to be done, then you have no reason not to proceed. Send a message and they will reply whenever they are available. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths