🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client paid, then disappeared not closing...
Page options
realgodiva
Community Member

Client paid, then disappeared not closing the contract (1 more milestone planned)

The client I work with since April 2020 keeps disappearing after each milestone. He pays OK, but then disappears for several weeks and I am not sure when he will appear again. I am new here and would like to have more contracts with good reviews for my overall score. Such a permanently open and slowly going contract does not help, I guess.

I tried asking him last time to close the existing contract and start a new one when he is ready - no reply for a month. He was happy with my work and I would like him to give me a good review too. What is the best course of action for me?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Natalie K wrote:

The client I work with since April 2020 keeps disappearing after each milestone. He pays OK, but then disappears for several weeks and I am not sure when he will appear again. I am new here and would like to have more contracts with good reviews for my overall score. Such a permanently open and slowly going contract does not help, I guess.

I tried asking him last time to close the existing contract and start a new one when he is ready - no reply for a month. He was happy with my work and I would like him to give me a good review too. What is the best course of action for me?

When you end a contract yourself and provide feedback to the client, he has 14 days to respond, which is unlikely if he is so unresponsive. 

Leaving the contract open does not hurt as you have already received payments on it. If it becomes idle after a few weeks or months, you can end it and it will likely result in a no feedback contract, but that is also not detrimental to your rating.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Natalie K wrote:

When you end a contract yourself and provide feedback to the client, he has 14 days to respond, which is unlikely if he is so unresponsive. 

Leaving the contract open does not hurt as you have already received payments on it. If it becomes idle after a few weeks or months, you can end it and it will likely result in a no feedback contract, but that is also not detrimental to your rating.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths