🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client removed his payment method after I acc...
Page options
avirockx007
Community Member

Client removed his payment method after I accepted the offer.

Hi Team Upwork,

As I have started to work on Upwork after 2 years gap(Not sure exact time). It is going to be my permanent earning source so far. Things go like this, recently I have submitted a proposal to the job that was having an "unverified payment method" at the start but when the client contacted me he had verified his payment method & we discussed the job he told me to give him my email address so that he could add my email to his google drive & I can access the work he wanted me to do. Now on Monday, I received the details of the job on my email id. 
Note: "They asked me to sign two documents which I did. One was on Upwork & the other is on my email id which was of warranty that I will assist them whenever they need my help in the future after submitting the work."

Today I have noticed that the payment method of my client is unverified. The project is on Milestone bases. I see Milestone 1 is funded & ACTIVE but the payment method is now unverified.
I am very much confused. I have to submit the work on 23rd Oct 2020. 
What should I do in this matter? Need help!

Regards 
Awais N

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.

I have asked my client to validate his payment method ASAP. He replied to me:
"**Edited for Community Guidelines**"

My reply to him:

Now my question is, as the 1 milestone is funded "Internal Review" should I submit my work on 23 Oct 2020?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Awais N,

It's good you noticed the payment method of your client.  You obviously need help but as compared to we members, it is the Upwork  Support team that can assist you to solve this problem. Let them know the whole case and they will go behind the client's profile and will confirm the authenticity of his/her payment method.

I hope, before submitting your next milestone, this issue will be resolved.

Best

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

Thanks, Naheed. I will inform Upwork management, but do you know how can I do that? I am unaware of it. 

By the way thanks for the opinion. 🙂

Best Regards
Awais N

Hi Awais,

Please note that we do not recommend working on the contract until the payment method is verified since Fixed-Price Protection is available only when the payment method is verified. Please discuss this situation with the client, ask them to get their billing method verified. Any work submitted while the billing method is unverified isn't protected.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Naheed M wrote:

Hi Awais N,

It's good you noticed the payment method of your client.  You obviously need help but as compared to we members, it is the Upwork  Support team that can assist you to solve this problem. Let them know the whole case and they will go behind the client's profile and will confirm the authenticity of his/her payment method.

Best

Thanks

Naheedmir

Naheedmir, I see that you did a recap of OP's post, and then told them to contact support. I see you do that in each and every post you do. 

See what I did there?

Martina P wrote:

Naheed M wrote:

Hi Awais N,

Best

Thanks

Naheedmir

Naheedmir, I see that you did a recap of OP's post, and then told them to contact support. I see you do that in each and every post you do. 

Smh lol but yes, all the time.

Especially when the Support is right here in the community and the advice sought was already on the way.

We may as well call him Buck-Passer-in-Chief 😉

lysis10
Community Member

Awais N wrote:

Hi Team Upwork,

As I have started to work on Upwork after 2 years gap(Not sure exact time). It is going to be my permanent earning source so far. Things go like this, recently I have submitted a proposal to the job that was having an "unverified payment method" at the start but when the client contacted me he had verified his payment method & we discussed the job he told me to give him my email address so that he could add my email to his google drive & I can access the work he wanted me to do. Now on Monday, I received the details of the job on my email id. 
Note: "They asked me to sign two documents which I did. One was on Upwork & the other is on my email id which was of warranty that I will assist them whenever they need my help in the future after submitting the work."

Today I have noticed that the payment method of my client is unverified. The project is on Milestone bases. I see Milestone 1 is funded & ACTIVE but the payment method is now unverified.
I am very much confused. I have to submit the work on 23rd Oct 2020. 
What should I do in this matter? Need help!

Regards 
Awais N

This sounds suspicious. It might be a stolen credit card. I would tell him you'll work when he fixes the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

I have asked my client to validate his payment method ASAP. He replied to me:

My reply to him:

Now my question is, as the 1 milestone is funded "Internal Review" should I submit my work on 23 Oct 2020?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths