🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client requested a refund after two weeks on ...
Page options
4497e850
Community Member

Client requested a refund after two weeks on hourly contract

My client requested a refund after on 27th September for the week from 5th to 11th September. is it going to be a valid request refund. I don't see an option to refuse it, I just get the notificaiton from upwork in messages section where client claimed a refund saying that broken code. but there is nothing like that it's working. after that week he didn't assign me any work after that empty week he assigned me some other work, I did that now week is completed and he has asked for the previous week as well with no solid reason only saying broken code for both weeks. So what would happen next? I am new to upwork and don't know how it would effect my current funds, would they deduct it from the upcoming payment which is from my other client or what or would they ask before giving refund to him?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client requested a refund after two weeks on hourly contract"

This means that the person doesn't understand how hourly contracts work. Or he does understand and he is simply trying to steal your money. Which makes him a bad person.

re: "I don't see an option to refuse it, I just get the notificaiton from upwork in messages section"

It is a request with no power behind it.

If you nothing, then nothing will happen.

It is like your aunt sends you an email and asks you to please spend more time talking to your cousin on the phone, and you really don't like that cousin. So you are polite to your aunt. But you don't actually call your cousin. What can she do to you? Nothing.

Thanks for the above explanation.
Now he created a dispute for the work that he has already approved for my last week work, I have rejected that, now is there any other procedure I have to follow for that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths