🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client's Logo Design Requirements
Page options
javiercampo
Community Member

Client's Logo Design Requirements

Hi everyone, how are you? 🙂 Does anyone know how I can ask the client for a more detailed description of what she or he wants? The client generalizes, "I have a hand sketched logo. I just need it to be replicated as a logo in grest resolution for enlarging to use in marketing materials and banners. This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details." Meanwhile, I will check around the site for information. I am new here, please whenever you have the time, you can reply, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Javier C wrote:

Hi everyone, how are you? 🙂 Does anyone know how I can ask the client for a more detailed description of what she or he wants? The client generalizes, "I have a hand sketched logo. I just need it to be replicated as a logo in grest resolution for enlarging to use in marketing materials and banners. This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details." Meanwhile, I will check around the site for information. I am new here, please whenever you have the time, you can reply, thank you.

You can ask the client any question you want in your proposal. I assume that it will be quite favorably seen by a potential client if the freelancer asks good questions about his project. Or you can flag it for vague description, or you can do nothing and move on to the next posting. 

Hi, thanks for replying, but I meant specifically how, there seems to be no option to message the client in his page.  Is there a technical issue going on? I say this because every time I click on their link where they describe their details, options do not appear, thank you.

you can't ask questions, talk to a client if you don't have a previous contact with him. If you have questions, you would need to send a proposal first and there if you have some questions regarding the job you could leave them.

Javier C wrote:

Hi, thanks for replying, but I meant specifically how, there seems to be no option to message the client in his page.  Is there a technical issue going on? I say this because every time I click on their link where they describe their details, options do not appear, thank you.

That is intentional. Clients are swamped with proposals, and upwork does not want freelancers to swamp them with questions, unsolicited requests for jobs, etc. 

Clients are free to put anything they want into their job posting. If they don't take the time to describe the job thoroughly, or for you to understand what they need, draw your own conclusions from that. Do you want to work with a client who values his own job so little? I don't. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths