🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client's Unverified Payment Method
Page options
javiercampo
Community Member

Client's Unverified Payment Method

Hi everyone,

According to Upwork, if I apply with a client that does not have a verified payment method, they don't offer any protection for me.  However, in the Hourly Protection rules, it describes how I can better protect myself by checking and specifying my skills and other details, or something of the like.  Anyway, is it a better idea to withdraw my proposal, or should I just give a shot, as I already submitted and is my very first application?  Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Javier C wrote:

Hi everyone,

According to Upwork, if I apply with a client that does not have a verified payment method, they don't offer any protection for me. 

It is not a problem to apply for a contract with a client who has not YET verified their payment method.

*IF* you get hired, just make sure the client finalizes their verification before you accept the contract and/or do any work.

There is no advantage to withdrawing your proposal, so you might as well leave it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Javier C wrote:

Hi everyone,

According to Upwork, if I apply with a client that does not have a verified payment method, they don't offer any protection for me. 

It is not a problem to apply for a contract with a client who has not YET verified their payment method.

*IF* you get hired, just make sure the client finalizes their verification before you accept the contract and/or do any work.

There is no advantage to withdrawing your proposal, so you might as well leave it.

Thank you Petra, you are so kind 🙂

0847999b
Community Member

What's Upwork's community guidelines about suggesting to a client that they verify their payment method before proceeding?
What's considered good practice?
- faizanusuf
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths