🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client's billing method not verified, Need He...
Page options
r4j47
Community Member

Client's billing method not verified, Need Help

I was hired by client. Who recently joined upwork. But there is message showing about client's billing method not verified.

So i asked to client about unverified billing method, He told that it will takes 3 days to verify it.

Can you please guide me about this. I can't stop work i think it will put bad impact on my feedback if client is genuine.

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I've had to ask a client to verify their payment method. They weren't put out by it, as I told them I could get some initial work done while we waited. I didn't, in fact, do much work but I was clearly sympathetic to their desire to get cracking on their project.

Blame it on Upwork by providing them this link and say you're just following Upwork's instructions in requiring verification:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card

You can kind of **bleep** this problem in the bud with clients new to Upwork if you include in your proposals a sentence along the lines of: "I can start to work on your project as soon as Upwork verifies your payment method."

When I accept a job from an unverified client, I tell them I cannot start work until their payment method is verified.  They always understand and generally the payment is verified that same day.  No client has ever had a problem with it.

yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Well,

I had a few clients who were new to Upwork and there payment method was not verified. I asked them to verify it and it was verified within a day!

Never faced the 3 days issue before!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths