🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Client's name
Page options
porterso
Community Member

Client's name

Hi Guys, thanks for all the support I have already received as a newbie.

The answer to this question is probably right under my nose and I am being a dufuss!  Where do I see what the client's name is so I can address them correctly when I write the cover letter to go with my proposal.

2 REPLIES 2
emiguelina
Community Member

Soo P wrote:

The answer to this question is probably right under my nose and I am being a dufuss!  Where do I see what the client's name is so I can address them correctly when I write the cover letter to go with my proposal.

You're not supposed to unless you are contacted by the client.

If the client has hired before and freelancers have addressed him/her by his/her name, you can find that info, but even so, I don't address them by name.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Soo P wrote:

This information is not available because clients don't have profiles as freelancers do. Sometimes it is recommended to scroll down the feedback they received from prior jobs and find their name there, but this is unreliable, because there could be 10 people working on the client's side, so you never really know their name anyway. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths