🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Client sent their contact number for intervie...
Page options
nchourasia
Community Member

Client sent their contact number for interview, what should i do ?

Hello there,

Prospective client sent me their contact number on chat. Should i report or it's normal?

please revert me asap.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Niraj,

I would like to confirm that communicating outside of Upwork before an official contract is formed is in violation of our TOS. However, if the client is new you can also politely remind them about our TOS. Feel free to share the job post URL or the client name with me via PM (click on my name) and our team will investigate this further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

this is the job i applied for 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

and this is my proposal 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please let me know it wont affect my profile.

Should i reply to him that please don't do this or somthing.

Please let me know further.

Thanks,

Niraj

Hi Niraj,

Rest assured, your account will not be affected in any way. Regarding your communication, feel free to continue communicating with your client on Upwork at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
danielrune13
Community Member

I'd like to reinforce something Goran said.

I think there are actually many people (the new ones, at least) that don't know about the fact that you can't comunicate outside of Upwork prior to a contract. So, please, don't think they're trying to approach you like that on purpose, with some other mischievous goal in mind. Just clarify the rules to them.

Yeah Daniel i asked him to follow the platform rules and don't share personal details, communicate in the platform.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths